For the last few months I have been in the midst of moving. I love my new home but I hate the upheaval.
And, I have to admit, the move has interfered with my anti-aging routine. I absolutely see a difference in the way I look and feel.
But I’m not going to beat myself up. I’m just going to get even better with my routine now that the dust is starting to settle and almost all the boxes are unpacked.
As a way to get back to my regimen, I thought I would share what I do. (It’ll help reinforce what I need to do. So thanks for letting me share.)
Besides trying to eat well, drinking plenty of water, getting a good night’s sleep and moisturizing twice a day (morning and night), here are some other things I do as part of my anti-aging routine, hack style:
1. I like to exfoliate three times per week. My favorite DIY exfoliant is rice powder. In fact, as soon as I’m done writing this article I’m going to whip up a batch. All you do is put organic rice into a coffee grinder until it’s the texture you want or need (coarse to powdery). Store in a container with a tight-fitting lid and leave in the shower to exfoliate your face and your entire body.
2. I do collagen induction therapy (C.I.T.) daily for a couple weeks and then rest for a week. C.I.T. is microneedling. It stimulates your collagen, evens complexion and gives the skin a nice glow. It’s basically a dermaroller. I get mine from eBay for under $10.00 which includes shipping. I use .5mm which doesn’t hurt or draw blood. It does make me pink, and sometimes red, but that dissipates pretty quickly. Here’s what it looks like:
3. Weekly masks with all sorts of kitchen products. I like those best because I know what’s in them. You can search my websitefor DIY masks. Just type in the word mask in the search bar on my site and it’ll pull up many of the recipes.
4. Exercise – and this can be anything. I just like to keep moving. Before my move I was really enjoying Pilates. I went to a studio that uses a machine called a reformer. It’s a great program for everyone but especially those with back problems. But I try to do something once a day – even if it’s dancing around.
5. One to two times a week I whiten my teeth with baking soda. Keeping your teeth white and bright can take years off your face.
6. I also take care of my hands and feet. Keeping them neatly manicured and pedicured makes them look younger. I like to keep the bottoms of my feet smooth with a pumice that I use daily in the shower. And last but not least – moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
7. Daily supplementation. I take a lot of supplements but I don’t take all of them all the time. I have some basics that I take daily. They are: Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, Black Seed Oil, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin C, N-Acetylcysteine, Ageless, Vitamin K2, a B-complex, a Multivitamin, CoQ10, DMAE and a Digestive Enzyme Probiotic.
8. Last but not least I try to relax daily. A glass of wine, deep breathing, some candles … whatever I feel like. De-stress … it’s so important!
If you don’t have a routine, It’s never too late to start.
Or, if you are like me and fall off the wagon once in awhile, that’s okay too. Just get back on.
Have a great week!
For a healthier you!
P.S. If you missed the article where I talked about rice enzymes you can catch up here.